Ultrasound Technologist -Musculoskeletal Imaging
The Department of Radiology & Imaging at Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS) is nationally and internationally recognized as the premier center for leading edge musculoskeletal, orthopaedic, and rheumatologic clinical and research imaging.
Supporting the delivery of the highest quality of patient care, you will provide diagnostic and image guided interventional ultrasound in a fast paced clinical and research department. The Center for Musculoskeletal Ultrasound at HSS is dedicated to the comprehensive diagnosis and treatment of pediatric and adult musculoskeletal conditions. We have a rare opening in our department for a progressive, ambitious technologist, looking to subspecialize in the dynamic field of musculoskeletal ultrasonography. A dedicated clinical training program (leading to RMSKS Certification eligibility) under the direction of the Division Chief and technologist leadership will be afforded to the right candidate.
Ultrasound acquisition and image processing of, but not limited to:
- Hip/knee (quadriceps/patellar tendon injuries, Baker''s cyst, bursitis)
- Shoulder (rotator cuff tears, tendinitis, bursitis, impingement syndrome)
- Elbow (collateral ligament evaluation, triceps/biceps tendons)
- Hand/wrist (carpal tunnel syndrome, tendon tears)
- Ankle/foot (Achilles tendon, plantar fasciitis, Morton''s neuroma, joint problems, tendon/ligament)
- Nerves and masses (tumors, cysts, etc.)
- Guided injections and Fine Needle Aspirations
- Vascular (DVT) & general ultrasound (renal, abdomen)
ARDMS certified or ARDMS eligible (must become certified within first year of employment)