UnityPoint Health - St. Luke's is looking for an Echo Sonographer to add to our team! This position works very closely with physicians and management empowers people to speak up. This is a collegiate type role that will allow for great feedback between techs and sonographers. Relocation of $2,500 available. If interested in this great opportunity please apply!
General Job Duties Include:
- Perform echocardiograms which includes explaining procedures, inputting demographics, patient hook-up for echo, obtaining M-Mode, Doppler, color flow images as ordered, perform calculations, cue tape to beginning of study, and organize data for physicians.
- Retrieve and cue old echo studies for viewing by physician.
- Restock and order supplies utilized in the echo department.
- Maintain operation of equipment and notify appropriate personnel for repairs.
- Assure that patients have been weighed, vital signs taken, medications listed and assessment sheet are completed on patients prior to physician seeing them. Perform cardiac stress testing per protocol which includes explaining procedure, completing permits, prepping skin and ECG hook-up, treadmill demonstration, operating treadmill during procedure, monitoring blood pressure and pulse, observing and assessing patient post exercise, completing treadmill forms and documentation.
- Perform bilateral carotid duplex studies as scheduled or ordered by physicians.
- Perform calculations and visual drawings of vessels with plaque. Obtain 12-lead ECG’s as needed.
- Perform contrast and bubble studies as ordered. Be available to physician at the end of the patients’ appointments to escort patient, complete routing slip, direct physician to next appointment.
- Restock and order supplies utilized in clinical area.
- Attend regularly scheduled ICAEL quality assurance conferences. Work in other areas of office as schedule allows.
- Fill in where needed.
- Fill in for outreach clinic when needed.
- Echocardiogram experience (new grads welcome if comfortable with Echo)
- Certification in ARDMS, RDCS, RVT.
- Certification in BCLS
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Internal Number: Echo Sonographer
About UnityPoint Health
Choose a career that matters with UnityPoint Health. Our team members are the compassionate core of who we are and how we serve. Our UnityPoint Health, UnityPoint Clinic and UnityPoint at Home family is more than 30,000 team members strong and we are always looking for dynamic and talented individuals to join our team. You'll find opportunities for every sized dream.