Join our growing Interventional Radiology team at the #1 hospital in Wisconsin.
We are seeking an Interventional Radiology Tech to:
· Help perform a variety of complex specialized tasks operating fluoroscopy, computed tomography, and ultrasonography equipment during vascular and neuroradiology angiographic and interventional procedures.
· Assist in the development and implementation of systems to assure the smooth and efficient flow of patients for procedures.
Minimum - Graduate of a School of Radiologic Technology
Preferred - Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
Minimum - Previous healthcare experience
Preferred - Two (2) years clinical experience
Licenses and Certifications:
Minimum - Certification by appropriate body (ARRT) and valid Wisconsin Radiological License - ARRT (R) (VI) - must obtain VI within 24 months of hire. CPR certification required within three months of hire.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
· Self-motivated and directed with regard to an increasing level of understanding and knowledge
· Ability to handle multiple tasks/projects and meet deadlines
· Ability to maintain patient confidentiality and privacy
· Ability to comply with all HIPPA requirements
· Knowledge regarding quality improvement and standards of care within practice area
· Capable of wearing lead aprons for extended periods of time
· Physical ability to lift and position patients and assist with patient transfers utilizing beds or stretchers
· Ability to work overtime as needed
· Demonstrates critical care skills to patients with higher acuity. (ED, ICU, NICU, PICU, Intraoperative Neuro MR, OR)
Medium: Ability to lift up to 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
100% FTE, 40 hours per week. Scheduled hours per day can vary between 8.5 hours with start times between 7:00 am - 10:00 am and ending between the hours of 3:30 pm - 6:30 pm, 10 hours with scheduled shifts being 11:00 am - 9:30 pm and 10.5 hours with scheduled shifts being 9:00 pm - 7:00 am. Rotating weekends required. On-call with 30 minute response is required. Hours may vary based on the needs of the department.
University Hospital in Madison is a Magnet®-designated facility that’s ranked Wisconsin’s #1 hospital and considered one of the nation's leading hospitals, teaching institutions and referral centers.
UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Internal Number: 180022ty
About UW Health
UW Health is the integrated health system of the University of Wisconsin-Madison serving more than 600,000 patients each year in the Upper Midwest and beyond with 1,500 physicians and 16,500 staff at seven hospitals and more than 80 outpatient sites. UW Health is governed by the UW Hospitals and Clinics Authority and partners with the UW School of Medicine and Public Health to fulfill their patient care, research, education and community service missions.