SDMS's core purpose is to enhance the art and science of medicine by advancing medical sonography. As an SDMS member you will join an exclusive network of over 28,000 sonographers and sonography students.
Formed in 2009, the SDMS Foundation is a nonprofit charitable organization affiliated with the SDMS. The SDMS Foundation fosters professional learning and excellence by working to improve the field of diagnostic medical sonography.
Healthcare Training Institute of New Jersey – Union, NJ
HTINJ is seeking a full-time Program Director for the Diagnostic Medical Sonography program. The program director would oversee all aspects of the program and work with administration to ensure that the program meets high professional standards.This person must be capable of working independently and be willing to manage processes to obtain/sustain CAAHEP programmatic accreditation with the assistance of administrative support.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: management of all DMS faculty, students, and daily operations, strong interpersonal communication skills, documented proficiency in curriculum development and instructional methods, correlation of didactic and clinical components, good judgment with the ability to counsel students and staff, maintaining a positive learning and work environment, and acting as a positive example for both students and faculty.
The ideal candidate has a Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 10 years full-time experience in general sonography and possesses both abdomen and ob/gyn credentials. The program director must be proficient not only in leadership and teaching, but also in multi-tasking and exhibiting foresight into program needs, potential pitfalls and fixes, as well as a vision for the future. The desire to work with administration and demonstrate flexibility is paramount. Association with a CAAHEP accredited program is a plus.
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in related or other field.
• If degree is not in education or instructional methods, a minimum of one college semester course in instructional methods must be taken. Administrative approval will be required for this course and additional courses may be deemed necessary.
• Minimum of 10 years’ work experience in the field of sonography.
• Teaching experience required in sonography.
• Active ARDMS or ARRT credentials in both abdomen and ob/gyn.
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft WORD and Power Point. Excel experience is a plus.
Internal Number: 0001
About Healthcare Training Institute
Healthcare Training in a career school located in Union, NJ
BACK TO TOP
2745 Dallas Pkwy Ste 350, Plano, TX 75093 USA
Tel: +1 214.473.8057 or 1.800.229.9506
Fax: +1 214.473.8563