SDMS's core purpose is to enhance the art and science of medicine by advancing medical sonography. As an SDMS member you will join an exclusive network of over 28,000 sonographers and sonography students.
Formed in 2009, the SDMS Foundation is a nonprofit charitable organization affiliated with the SDMS. The SDMS Foundation fosters professional learning and excellence by working to improve the field of diagnostic medical sonography.
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
The Vanderbilt Heart and Vascular Institute has an extensive footprint of more than 20 practice locations across middle TN and Southern KY. The Vanderbilt Heart team treats patients with all kinds of cardiovascular disease, including very complex cases. We have outpatient clinic job opportunities at our main campus location in Nashville as well as surrounding communities.
Our unit specializes in caring for a patient population that includes heart failure, chest pain, arrhythmia, transplant, or other cardiovascular dysfunction. We are also the preeminent location for patients with ventricular assist devices who require non-ICU care.
We prove our dedication to our patients by providing quality care with attention to clinical expertise, evidence-based practice, and a focus on patient safety and positive outcomes. Patient and Family Centered Care is the professional practice model used in the delivery of nursing care on 7 North. We utilize an interdisciplinary team approach along the continuum of care to provide balance for the physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual needs of every patient and their families.
JOB CODE INFORMATION:
Job Code: 5546
Job Stream Description: Support/Technical
JOB SUMMARY: Provides technical support for the acquisition and interpretation of cardiac tracings needed to diagnose or rule-out cardiac disease in an inpatient population using hardwired or wireless cardiac monitoring equipment. May also provide oversight of pulse oximetry monitoring.
Assures that patients who require oversight of cardiac monitoring are accurately admitted to the monitoring software system.
Acquires, measures, and provides initial interpretation of electrocardiogram waveforms per protocol and upon request from providers and/or nurses. Imports waveforms into the patient's electronic medical record.
Identifies and communicates abnormal and/or significant changes in cardiac rhythms and pulse oximetry readings to the unit staff in the appropriate time frame per protocol.
Notifies unit staff of leads off and low batteries.
Serves as a resource to unit staff for lead placement, equipment management and troubleshooting of telemetry and cardiac monitoring equipment.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
MEDICAL DEVICES (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS): - Has training, direct exposure, limited experience, or past experience installing and repairing simple and well-defined problems with the equipment. Able to read simple schematics and other instructions for installing and repairing equipment.
MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY & DOCUMENTATION - (NOVICE): - Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate medical terminology and documentation in practical applications of moderate difficulty.
CARDIAC MONITORING (NOVICE): - Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to effectively monitor cardiac rhythms in practical applications of moderate difficulty.
DATA INTERPRETATION (NOVICE): - Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate data interpretation in practical applications of moderate difficulty.
Organizational Impact: Performs tasks that are typically routine that may impact team's performance with occasional guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes some discretion and research to solve routine problems.
Breadth of Knowledge: Applies knowledge of standards, established processes and procedure that apply to your own job.
Team Interaction: Provides guidance to entry level co-workers.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (S2):
- Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships : Seeks to understand colleagues priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas.
- Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (S2):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service.
- Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns tosupervisors in a timely manner.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (S2):
- Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Shows eagerness to learn new knowledge, technologies, tools or systems and displays willingness to go above and beyond.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (S2):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (S2):
- Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them.
- Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action.
- Adapts to Change: Embraces change by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period.Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As th...e largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.