SDMS's core purpose is to enhance the art and science of medicine by advancing medical sonography. As an SDMS member you will join an exclusive network of over 28,000 sonographers and sonography students.
Formed in 2009, the SDMS Foundation is a nonprofit charitable organization affiliated with the SDMS. The SDMS Foundation fosters professional learning and excellence by working to improve the field of diagnostic medical sonography.
The College of Allied Health Professions at UNMC, Omaha, Nebraska is seeking applicants for the position of Cardiac Vascular Instructor in our Medical Imaging and Therapeutic Science department. This is a .50 FTE faculty position. The responsibilities will be split between Teaching and Administration and Service.
1. Assume teaching responsibilities as assigned for the delivery of courses in the Cardiac and Vascular concentrations in the Diagnostic Medical Sonography (DMS) Program within the Department of Medical Imaging and Therapeutic Sciences (MITS).
2. Provide laboratory instruction for students in the Cardiac and Vascular concentrations in the DMS Program.
3. Assume responsibility with other program faculty for the continuous review of the DMS curricula to ensure it meets the needs of the student body, professional curriculum guidelines, and accreditation standards.
4. Provide didactic and clinical advising to cardiac and vascular students.
5. Collaborate with program faculty to assess the effectiveness of the clinical curricula in preparing students for entry level practice.
1. Attend departmental and program meetings.
2. Serve on the Admissions Committee for the Diagnostic Medical Sonography program.
3. Participate in scheduling cardiac and vascular clinical rotations.
4. Facilitate an ongoing positive working relationship with clinical affiliate sites.
5. Build and sustain community partnerships in support of clinical education throughout Nebraska.
6. Participate in accreditation efforts; such as, self-study and interim reports, outcomes collection and evaluation.
7. Assist Program Director with day-to-day functions of the program, including but not limited to, recruiting, admissions and advising processes, and curricular development efforts.
1. Maintain personal clinical competency in cardiac and vascular sonography.
2. Participate in continuing education to maintain national certification.
3. Perform other functions appropriate to a faculty member as assigned.
4. Continue professional development through appropriate educational and professional activities.
5. Distribution of responsibilities are subject to change based on the needs of the Program and at the discretion of the Program Director.
Bachelor’s degree required.
Minimum of two years professional experience as a vascular cardiac sonographer.
Experience in course development.
Prior teaching experience in the classroom setting.
ARDMS or CCI credentialed in vascular and cardiac ultrasound.
Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Internal Number: MITS 2019-262
About COLLEGE OF ALLIED HEALTH PROFESSIONS - UNMC
The College of Allied Health Professions at the University of Nebraska is committed to academic excellence. Allied health professionals comprise approximately 60 percent of the total health care workforce and, together, provide the fundamental framework critical to the success of the American health care system. Even so, there are growing workforce shortages in virtually all allied health fields. To address these shortages, the CAHP is steadfastly committed to its historic mission of educating allied health professionals, as well as collaboratively exploring research questions that improve the delivery of care and promote health.