SDMS's core purpose is to enhance the art and science of medicine by advancing medical sonography. As an SDMS member you will join an exclusive network of over 28,000 sonographers and sonography students.
Formed in 2009, the SDMS Foundation is a nonprofit charitable organization affiliated with the SDMS. The SDMS Foundation fosters professional learning and excellence by working to improve the field of diagnostic medical sonography.
JOB SUMMARY: Interrogates and tests implanted devices by monitoring the pulse-generator, and lead function for cardiac patients under direct supervision. Sets up equipment, edits electrograms, initiates transtelephonic/ remote follow-up.
Optimizes the clinical effectiveness of pacing by making suitable pacing-system adjustments.
Enters and/or labels prerecorded electrograms.
Sets up all necessary equipment needed.
Enters medications and problem/procedure list into MARS accurately and timely.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
MEDICAL EQUIPMENT KNOWLEDGE (NOVICE): - Knowledge of the specific medical equipment and its performance criteria, capabilities and limitations. Able to use the medical equipment to accomplish basic tasks associated with the specific devices. May conduct remedial maintenance and preventive maintenance.
PATIENT DIAGNOSIS (NOVICE): - Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate patient diagnosis in practical applications of moderate difficulty.
DATA INPUT (NOVICE): - Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate data input in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Able to interpret complex data input instructions accurately.
ANALYSIS (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS): - Demonstrates the ability to grasp and apply basic analysis concepts within the context of job assignments. Able to break a problem down into fundamental parts and arrive at reasonable conclusions.
Organizational Impact: Performs non-routine tasks that significantly impact team's performance with minimal guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Conducts research and analysis to solve some non-routine problems.
Breadth of Knowledge: Applies broad job knowledge and has basic job skills in other areas.
Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to less experienced team members.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (S3):
- Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships : Seeks to understand colleagues' priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas.
- Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (S3):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service.
- Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns to supervisors in a timely manner.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (S3):
- Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards .
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Shows eagerness to learn new knowledge, technologies, tools or systems and displays willingness to go above and beyond.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (S3):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (S3):
- Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them.
- Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action.
- Adapts to Change: Embraces change by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period.Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As th...e largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.